Yep - more foody ideas! Now that summer is upon us (in our part of the world) - we all get busy, and it gets hot. If you are like me, you hate heating the kitchen up for hours to prepare yummy bites. Here are a few ideas on things that are just plain tasty and easy and again frugal for the most part!
CHEESE & OLIVE ON RYE
1 C cheddar cheese, grated
1 C ripe olives, chopped
1 C dried beef - chopped (I use Buddig's)
Mix this all together. Spread on party rye (or whatever small bread you choose). Place under the broiler for about 5 minutes until bubbly. Super easy for a quick appetizer or even dinner (yes I have) with a little salad!
VEGETABLE SQUARES
2 rolls of crescent rolls
2 pkg. cream cheese (8 oz. ea.)
1 C mayo
1 packet ranch style dressing mix
1 head broccoli
1 head cauliflower
1 bunch green onions
1 large firm tomato
(this would be great way to use fresh garden produce)
Spread dough on a full size baking sheet and bake according to instructions on rolls. Cool. Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add mayo and dressing mix. Spread over cooled dough. Chop veggies in small pieces and spread evenly over cream cheese Cover and refrigerate about an hour before serving.
You could use about ANY type of fresh veggie you want for this.
(No Mayo)
2 - 3 (15 oz.) cans dark kidney beans (drained)
1/2 C - 1 C chopped onion
3/4 - 1 C sweet pickles (diced) or sweet relish (what I use)
3 - 4 hard boiled eggs - diced
2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
2 - 3 Tbsp. sugar
Combine all ingredients. Keep refrigerated.
This keeps well in the frig for a long time.
EASY NO BAKE CHEESECAKE
1 - 8 oz. pack of cream cheese
1 small container Cool Whip
about 1/3 C sugar
Let cheese and Cool Whip softened and then blend all items together until very smooth.
Place in a premade graham cracker crust or a homemade crust. If making your own - think about using ginger snaps or chocolate cookies for something different.
Top with whatever topping you desire.
I love this stuff! - I think I could sit down and eat and eat if I thought I wouldn't be sick!!! So light and fluffy and super easy.
JAZZY CREAM CHEESE SPREAD
Good old stand by
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese
topped with 8 oz. jar of your favorite jelly or jam
Serve with crackers
Many use jalapeno jelly with this - but any type will do just fine. Super easy and yummy
(great appetizer for that unexpected company!!!!!!)
NO BAKE COOKIES (Oatmeal Fancies)
2 C sugar
1/4 C cocoa
1/3 C milk
1/2 C butter/margarine
1 tsp. vanilla
dash of salt
1/3 C crunchy (or not) peanut butter
3 - 31/2 C - oatmeal (uncooked)
Cook sugar, cocoa, milk and butter for 1 minute after it starts to boil. Remove from heat. Mix in next 3 ingredients. While still hot - pour over oatmeal. Mix well. Drop by teaspoon on waxed paper or greased cookie sheet. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Been making these all my life!!!! Probably the first thing I ever 'cooked' by myself!!!!!
Just wanting to give a lot of reminders that we don't have to stay in the kitchen all summer if we don't want to. Fun food is always a neat thing to have around in the summer. Quick and cool bites are refreshing and filling.
Take care and ENJOY!

0 Yorumlar